Pages

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Thursday, December 21, 2023

OPINION | MIMICRY: INSTEAD OF BLAMING MEDIA, RAHUL SHOULD INTROSPECT

The face-off between BJP and opposition parties over the mimicry of Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar by a Trinamool MP, has snowballed into a major controversy with BJP leaders and workers staging protest at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar on Thursday. Jat community leaders have demanded apology from TMC MP Kalyan Banerjee and Congress leader Rahul Gandhi.  President Droupadi Murmu, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla have condemned the mimicry incident describing it as an insult to the Vice President. In Rajya Sabha on Wednesday, Chairman Jagdeep Dhankhar expressed his anguish and said it was “an insult to the dignity of the post of Vice President, the farmers and his Jat community”. Dhankhar said, “I do not care if somebody insults me personally, I will bear it, I will swallow it, but I will never tolerate if I am unable to protect the dignity of the post that I hold.” 

from IndiaTV India: Google News Feed https://ift.tt/j0u2YnV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave us a comment about our content, so that we can try improve our site Quality.